Table of Contents
- 1 Things To Know Before Buying a Ping Pong Robot
- 2 7 Best Ping Pong Robot Reviews:
- 2.1 Newgy Robo-Pong 1040+: Best Choice
- 2.2 Newgy Robo-Pong 2050+ Digital Table Tennis Robot
- 2.3 Power Pong 3000 Professional: Best Satisfaction
- 2.4 Paddle Palace H2W Touch Pro:
- 2.5 Butterfly Amicus Professional Table Tennis Robo
- 2.6 HUI PANG-07 Table Tennis Robot: Best machine for tranning
- 2.7 iPong V300 Table Tennis Training Robot: Best Price
- 2.8 iPong PRO
- 2.9 iPong Original Table Tennis Trainer Robot
- 3 Conclusion:
For all the table tennis lovers there is a major problem they face while practicing the game. Obviously, you cannot have someone hanging around with you to play all the time nor can you have a person to throw balls at you while you practice your game. For that very reason, ping pong ball robots are in the game.
The robots can help you play for as long as you want and also make sure to monitor the throw, speed, and height of where you need your ball. In this article, we have reviewed different products to choose one of the finest and best ping pong robots in 2018.
|Newgy Robo-Pong 1040+ : best performance||8 pounds||4.8/5|
|Power Pong 3000 Professional||20 pounds||4.7/5|
|Newgy Robo-Pong 2050+||16 pounds||4.9/5|
|HUI PANG-07||7.7 pounds||4.5/5|
|iPong V300: Best Price||3 pounds||4.3/5|
|iPong PRO||6 pounds||4.2/5|
|iPong Original||2.5 pounds||4.2/5|
Things To Know Before Buying a Ping Pong Robot
Does the size and material of the robot matter?
The size and material of the robot are two of the most important things which need to be looked at. The size mainly depends upon the need of the player in terms of how many balls would be needed for a single game. Also, the material is based entirely on the performance. The better the material, the sturdier the robot and it won’t tilt on its sides so you can have a better game.
What importance does the LCD display or remote have in the machine?
The newly advanced ping-pong robots have LCD displays, which help the players to set their own settings by learning all sorts of combinations. You can set up the frequency, speed, and trajectory the way you want and need it to be. Even balls per minute can be chosen. Whereas, in the low priced and less techy robots there is a small wired remote which is used to control the machine to turn it on and off. Also, the remote is helpful for setting the frequency.
What is one of the most important things that you need to look out for before buying this item?
One of the most important things to look out for the robot’s available features. On the market, you may find several machines, but what you need to do is to find the one that suits you best. All players have different needs and some people might need it for fun.
What is the advantage of buying a ping pong robot?
The advantage of buying a table tennis robot is that there won’t be a need for another human being. Prior to this machine, it was always a big problem as two players were needed to play with each other. Not many combinations and strokes were practiced while playing with a human being. When these machines came into existence everything became easier and better to practice.
What is the best way of using this?
The best way to use a table tennis robot is to read its manual before starting to set it up. Once it is set then you can easily start learning its features. Some of the machines are too hard to learn as they are quite high in technology. For that, you can look out for different tutorials to learn more about them and then start using the item.
Do the number of balls in a single throw matter?
For a player to start playing with this product, one thing that concerns him the most is the number of balls the machine would throw out in a single minute. Every player has their own speed in which they play. They might want to practice slow or fastballs according to their practice. So always look out for this feature in the machine before purchasing it.
In most of the machines that are high-tech, all you must do is enter the speed and frequency so it will throw out the balls in that way. Even in low-tech basic machines the remote lets you set up the speed, frequency, and a number of balls ranging from 12-70 balls per minute.
Does the weight of the machine matter?
The machine’s weight doesn’t matter as you don’t have to carry it all the time. All you have to do is set it up in one single place and then start your game. High-tech machinery is a bit heavier in weight as it is made with more components and higher-grade materials. The benefit of a heavier machine is that it won’t tilt in any direction even when the speed and frequency are at its maximum. Plastic made machines might tilt a bit at their highest speeds.
Should you ever go over-budget?
We’d encourage otherwise. Going over budget means not only stepping out of your comfort zone but also risking financial bankruptcy. When setting out to buy the best ping pong ball robot, make sure that the high quality contrasts the low budget. If you want to be frugal, cheaper options are available. However, these will be of lower quality and performance. Pricey options are generally more authentic and of better quality.
Should you buy robots that are more complex?
Depends on your needs. Some robots allow you to adjust the ball spin, velocity, ball placement, pauses between shots, and tons of other features. This way, you can fine-tune your practice session and will help you tons if you are a beginner. However, these type of specialized robots obviously cost more, and if all you want is a practice partner and nothing more, we’d encourage that you stay away from these, at least until your financial stability can handle them.
Do ball spin and its types really matter?
Certainly. While it may seem that the manner in which a ball spins may not be that significant to your game performance, it can drastically affect your practice sessions. Some robots do not feature multiple types of spin, so you may not be able to practice to play against someone who is used to throwing a backspin. Many robots feature a variety of spin types, including a combination of any two to evoke your inner gamer capabilities.
Should I choose a battery-powered robot, or is an outlet-powered satisfactory?
It really depends on your needs and abilities. A battery-operated robot may be able to deliver all types of shots and spins and is entirely portable and easy to carry around. However, these may be more expensive. On the other hand, outlet-powered robots may not be able to deliver as many types of shots, and may not be easy to carry around and use. We’d recommend you to choose wisely.
7 Best Ping Pong Robot Reviews:
These products have been chosen from Ping Pong Robot Amazon. We will see what the pros and cons of these items are to help us choose the best ping pong robot amongst all.
Newgy Robo-Pong 1040+: Best Choice
Newgy Robo-Pong is another name that is popular for their table tennis equipment, which makes this training robot another trusted choice. They have a wide selection of products that are also easy to assemble. Among others, the 1040+ is one option worth considering.
This model comes with a premium construction that gives it an edge over many other options that you can find on the market. The ball thrower comes with an oscillation technology, providing realistic spins that also adds up to the intensity of the practice sessions. Shot selection can also be chosen, as well as the specific spin of the ball, making it offer the ultimate versatility.
- Despite the high price, it offers excellent value for money as it is already inclusive of 48 2-star 40+ mm table tennis balls
- The spins can be adjusted based on what is desired, with the choices being topspin, right sidespin, left sidespin, and backspin
- There are also various shot selections that are available, including push, serve, chop, and counter
- An analog control panel is included for effortless adjustments based on the functions that are desired. This allows you to change oscillation, frequency, and speed of the ball
- Adjusting the training robot will also be almost effortless on your end, especially because it can fit most ping pong tables
- It does not come with memory settings unlike the more advanced options on the market
- The high price can be a drawback for people looking for budget-friendly alternatives
Newgy Robo-Pong 2050+ Digital Table Tennis Robot
This is another option from Newgy Robo-Pong, which is why you can surely expect the same premium quality as the product that has been mentioned above.
This is even a more expensive option, but if you are really serious about training, this is what you should get. It has a long list of advanced features that also make it excellent when it comes to versatility. There are different shots and spins that are available, making your practice sessions more worthwhile.
- There is no need to buy balls separately as it is already inclusive of 48 2-star 40+ mm table tennis balls
- To give you more options when practicing, you can adjust the spin, allowing you to choose from right sidespin, left sidespin, topspin, and backspin.
- You will also have the freedom to choose from the different types of shots that are available.
- The head angle can also be adjusted to specify the direction of the ball as it is thrown, making it possible to choose from high or low throws
- The side net is also a great feature to help capture the ball so that you won’t have to end up running after it
- There are 64 pre-programmed drills for players of all skill levels.
- You can also create custom drills to suit your preferences and playing style
- Comes with a random mode that adds up to the challenge of your practice games
- The steep price is obviously the biggest drawback of this high-end training robot
- Some people might end up being confused because of the abundance of the training features of this ping pong robot
Power Pong 3000 Professional: Best Satisfaction
The Power Pong 3000 Professional is one of the most versatile and satisfying products on the market. The key feature which sets it apart from other products of the same kind is the fact that you can set up different shots because of the 8 programmable buttons provided on the machine itself. Another unique feature of the Power Pong 3000 Professional is that it boasts a cluster memory by virtue of which it can save up to 33 different combinations in each cluster and play each different combination one after the other. This is a unique feature of this machine which truly sets it apart from the others as it is the only machine to utilize cluster memory. It sports 3 wheels which can produce various spin and speed combinations which generate a challenging and difficult environment for competitive players. The Power Pong also houses the most remarkable warranty in the industry which truly makes it a game changer in the industry.
- Power Pong has eight programmable buttons which you can use to set up eight different combinations to play with.
- Setup is quite easy as you can go through it step by step. The tutorial helps you to learn more features about it as well.
- It has the best warranty deal in the industry. Only 24 hours are needed and it is fixed or replaced within this time limit.
- This is the only machine in the world with cluster memory.
- Each one of the clusters holds up 33 different combinations so you can play them one after the other or can choose the sequence all by yourself.
- There are three wheels producing the speed and spin combinations, you can learn them from a tutorial to set them up according to your needs.
- Power Pong 3000 has 99 memory slots in which you can save up to different combinations. This means there are so many different combinations to choose from. Choices include spin, no spin, low ball, or whatever seems good to you.
- One of the biggest disadvantages is the price tag. It seems expensive to buy when you have so many other options out there.
- It is clearly not the best ping pong ball robot out there although it is the only one with the cluster memory.
- Might be a bit hard to learn all the features.
Paddle Palace H2W Touch Pro:
This is the leading producer of Ping Pong robots of this industry. It has always proven itself to be a great competitor in the industry and certainly a manufacturer that constantly churns out high-quality premium robots. It provides an interactive LCD screen for programming the robot and making several combinations.
Moreover, it embraces high flexibility landing spots for customized routines and in setting spins for competitive players in the field. It supports a net collection system as well as a ball recycling whereby providing extreme convenience and comfort to the user. This feature also eliminates the need to spend more money on balls. The Paddle Palace provides an amazing sequence of combinations: from long balls to short balls, from high balls to low balls and from strong balls to weak balls. The Paddle Palace has it all for you in one package.
- It is a customized machine, shows greater flexibility for spins, and gives you the freedom in choosing the landing height and place the way it is needed.
- It can be used by setting right on the table with no additional mounting required.
- The professional robot has almost 22 different landing spots from which you choose including the long and short shots.
- The high-tech robot can work on each spin differently every single time. You can only feed the information in it once and then you are ready to play for as long as you want.
- The paddle palace comes along with a touchscreen LCD, which makes it easier for the player to control. The screen is clipped at the side of the table so you could easily control the robot without any difficulty.
- H2W makes you count the number of balls that need to be spun in a sequence. At one single go, you can have 999 balls thrown at you without a pause.
- There is a net catcher which collects the balls automatically and feeds them again to the robot, in this way you don’t have to pause for your game. A continuous game can be played which results in better performance.
- There is a spin indicator at the bottom which helps you in seeing the spin before time. You feel like playing with an actual human being.
- The price is somewhat on the higher end for some players which might be a major setback. Otherwise, this machine has everything good to offer.
Butterfly Amicus Professional Table Tennis Robo
The Butterfly Amicus Robot is a versatile product providing numerous spin speeds which are adjustable, numerous speed options for the balls and the trajectory options are also available. One of the main qualities of the Butterfly Amicus is that it provides the user with a remote control system enabling them to change the frequencies and speed remotely from a distance; this eliminates the need for the user to travel all the way to the robot and change the different settings available. A special highlight of this product is the IFC or individual frequency control which adjusts the ball frequencies to your needs and wants. It also features a cycle mode for generating pauses and breaks between each serve and exercise allowing for a more challenging environment. Butterfly also comes with an excellent warranty which provides convenience and ease to the user. Read our in depth Butterfly Amicus Professional review here.
- This table tennis robot also has an adjustable speed and spin. You can choose what speed is suitable for you while giving it a try and then set it up according to your needs. The trajectory can also be set up based on your needs.
- A wireless remote is included too which controls the ball frequencies. You can also change the trajectory of the ball as well as its speed and spin.
- Cycle mode helps in breaks and pauses so with a simple touch you can pause the game whenever needed.
- Random cycles can be prepared with eight shots per exercise, which helps in shooting out at different levels and positions. You can choose from 99 different sequences.
- As it has so many different sequences to play with it makes it better to play in a tournament as you have already practiced various swings which help in playing with an opponent.
- There is an Individual Frequency Control (IFC) which has been a part of Amicus. It helps you control the frequency of the balls and you can also set how quickly the balls will be sent to you.
- All the different sequences are set up throw eight different shot types, so you can have practically hundreds of balls thrown at you in one set.
- It comes along with a net, so you can simply attach it and the balls will return to the robot.
- The machine is highly complicated, you will need to take different tutorials to learn and see how it works.
- Not used much by amateurs as they are not aware of the many kinds of spins and speeds. So, it is very difficult for them to use this robot.
HUI PANG-07 Table Tennis Robot: Best machine for tranning
Hui Pang is an international golem when it comes to manufacturing ping pong robots which are of high-quality. The highlighting feature of this product is its amazing capacity for 110 balls at the same time. Hui Pang has worked tirelessly to produce a remarkable product which is extremely easy to install and use. It does not matter which language the user manual or the product itself is in, it is highly easy to use and install the product for yourself. It also comes in with a wireless remote control which enables the users to change several factors of the serving robot like speed, frequency, spin velocity and other factors at just the touch of a button. This eradicates the need for the user to get up and manually change the settings on the robot, rather they can easily change whatever they desire from the comfort of their own position.
- This table tennis robot machine has a capacity of carrying about 110 table tennis balls.
- It is easy to fix and you do not have to go through any tutorials to learn the features. The instructions are given in Chinese and English.
- There is a wired remote control which helps you control and operate in a better way, so you do not have to move from your spot, just keep the control in your hand.
- The machine is lightweight and can be positioned normally where ever it is needed.
- The price of this robot is less as compared to high-tech machines, and is a unique machine in this price range.
- The robot has a seven-angle adjustment which you can use up to set up different angular positions which helps with a more professional play.
- The frequency of balls can be changed with a single change of position by moving it from right to left or left to right in order to speed it up or slow it down.
- The loading capacity of this robot is at only 100, which is less in comparison to other machines.
iPong V300 Table Tennis Training Robot: Best Price
iPong is an innovative and modern manufacturer which aims to produce only the most innovative products on the market. It has taken into consideration the fast-moving technology and has incorporated it into its products. It features a new software which enables you to ensure consistency and accuracy of the robot altogether; making for a very competitive and challenging game. It also sports various adjustable factors such as ball velocity, ball frequency, backspin velocity, side to side oscillation and topspin velocity. And not only that, it provides the facility of a wireless remote control to control all of these features of the robot. With a large capacity, it is able to hold up to 100 balls at a time and it is able to shoot balls at an adjustable frequency (usually 12 to 70 balls per minute). It also has inbuilt memory so you can save your favorite settings and play them as you desire when you desire. Read our in depth iPong V300 review here.
- The iPong V300 comes along with a new advanced software, which is more consistent and shows more accuracy than the previous model.
- It comes along with a wireless remote control which makes it easier for the player to use and set the adjustments according to one’s need. Also, you do not have to stand beside the robot to fix the settings.
- To increase or decrease each of the settings all you must do is to use the (+) and (-) button that is on the remote. This shows that the functioning ability of iPong V300 is very user-friendly.
- There is a topspin, backspin, and various frequencies of balls to choose from all depending on your needs.
- There is also an oscillation factor, which helps to choose the speed at which you need your balls shot.
- Holds up to 100 balls and you can easily adjust it to have 12-70 balls per minute.
- It also comes along with an updated feeder disk, so that balls won’t get stuck.
- The robot needs to be powered up in an outlet which may be an issue finding an outlet nearby.
- It holds up to 100 balls which makes it a bit difficult to refill it every now and then to reuse.
This is yet another innovative product from the premium manufacturer, iPong. The product has been manufactured using plastic and not metal or any other premium material. It has an improved shooting mechanism for the machine, which ensures that the player will have a swell time while playing with the robot itself. It sports a very strong and sturdy ball launching mechanism where it is able to throw balls at the user at a high velocity and a high trajectory. One key feature of this robot is the fact that it is extremely quiet; making it convenient and free from the production of noise pollution in the area. It sports an adjustable frequency for the balls making the game, a challenging one for the user who uses the robot.
- Table tennis robot iPong is one of the machines that take up less space in your house.
- It is a very inexpensive robot which can be easily used for beginners to get to play table tennis in a normal way without needing the help of anyone else.
- The exterior case is made up of plastic which makes it very lightweight and is easy to store anywhere needed.
- The base of the iPong PRO is wide, so it won’t tip off your table while it is in use, whereas the top portion is large enough to add balls with ease.
- There is an attached remote control which is used for all sorts of settings, you can bring it to the side of your table and control it.
- The remote has only four buttons that let you turn your robot on and off, and the other buttons will let you adjust the frequency of your balls.
- The model of the robot is PRO so it can produce a minimum of 12 balls per minute and 70 balls in only 50 seconds.
- The long-term performance of this machine has been increased.
- Spin and shooting has also been worked on and enhanced.
- The machine is quieter in comparison to the other models.
- Balls might get stuck at times, which gets a bit annoying for the player.
- Even though the machine is much quieter than other iPro’s, it is still rather loud which makes it hard for the player to concentrate.
iPong Original Table Tennis Trainer Robot
iPong has yet again come up with a brilliant, modern and technically innovative product named as the iPong Original Table Tennis Trainer Robot. The robot comes with a variable ball velocity selector which enables the machine to throw balls at the user at a higher velocity and have a greater impact as compared to other settings where the velocity may be relatively low. It is extremely easy to set up and takes less than a minute to assemble; saving time and increasing reliability and convenience. It also sports a wireless remote control to vary the frequencies, ball velocities, and other factors too. It has a high capacity of up to 110 balls at a time and can serve up to 70 balls in a single session. The iPong ensures that it will feel less like a machine or a robot and more like a competitive live opponent standing right opposite to you.
- The iPong original is a table tennis robot machine which is similar compared to all the iPro’s, but the original one is quick and has an easier
- It can hold up to 110 balls at one single time and can fire out 12- 70 balls per minute.
- As all the iPong’s come with a remote control, so does the original one. The remote is wired with the machine and frequency and speed can be adjusted accordingly.
- Assembly time is under a minute, it is so easy to set up.
- There are adjustable spin settings, you can change it whenever needed for topspin or underspin.
- The frequency of balls can be increased per minute just the way you want it to be.
- The robot is easily used with all standard size ping pong tables.
- One-year limited manufacturer’s warranty is also given.
- The ipong original robot is not very advanced and the buyer might not find many features in it as compared to the other products available.
Among all the seven products available and thorough reviews, we have decided that the best ping pong robot for 2018 is Paddle-Palace (H2W Touch Pro). It has been rated as the best one among all as it is a customizable machine. It comes along with an LCD display to allow for all of your customized specifications.
There is also an additional net that comes along with it, so you do not have to fill it up with balls again and again. In comparison to all other products, this one is user-friendly and very easy to use so you won’t have any difficulties. The robot throws 999 balls in one go with all sorts of different combination that are suitable for you.