Table of Contents
An electronic board is a revolutionary way to enjoy a game of darts. However, not all boards are created the same. For some, rather than playing with a conventional bristle board, you should use an electronic board instead. Which is the best choice for you? Read the rest of this Arachnid Cricket Pro 800 review to know more of its features and performance, making it easy for you to reach a well-informed decision.
Technical Details of the Arachnid Cricket Pro 800
To start with, let us have a quick look at the technical details of this electronic dartboard. The target area is 15.5 inches, which is the most common size in the product category. As for the dimensions, it is 30 x 22 x 3 inches.
When you purchase the Arachnid Cricket Pro 800, it also comes with six soft dart tips, extra dart tips, AC adapter, mounting hardware, instructions, and game manual.
The manufacturer is offering a one-year warranty against defects. Take the time to read the terms and conditions of the warranty to be eligible for such.
Outstanding Features of the Arachnid Cricket Pro 800
Now, let us have a quick look at some of the features that give this model an edge over its competitors. By taking a look at its features, you can be easily convinced that the price is justifiable.
40 Games, 179 Variations
One of the best things about this electronic dartboard is that you will never run out of ways to have fun. It offers plenty of opportunities to play with your friends and family. It is pre-programmed with 40 games and you can choose from 179 variations. Some of the games that you can play include 301, 501, 601, cricket, double down, high score, shootout, and Bermuda Triangle.
3-level Heckler Feature
More than the variety of the games that are available, this is also incredible because of the heckler feature, which is available in three levels. For some people, this is annoying, but for others, it adds fun to the game. If you have good throws, you will be applauded. On the other hand, if you have bad shots, you will be harassed.
Micro-Thin Segment Dividers
For an electronic dart board within its price range, you can expect that the construction will be nothing short of exceptional. It comes with micro-thin segment dividers, which is effective in the reduction of bounce outs. This will lead to significant improvements in your scoring potential. This will provide you with a better playing experience, not to mention, lesser frustrations.
Nylon Tough Segments
This is another thing that makes it an exceptional product. It has Nylon Tough Segments, a technology that has been developed exclusively by the manufacturer. It makes the board durable, making it capable of withstanding abuse even through the years. Even if you use it for several years, it can retain its best shape. It is also quieter compared to traditional materials, although there is still a noticeable noise.
Good for up to 8 Players
If you have a small group of family and friends, this will be more than enough. The pre-programmed settings are good for up to eight players at a time, so no one will be left out. Nonetheless, there are other models that can handle up to 16 players at a time.
On-Board Dart Storage
It is also a good thing that it comes with an onboard storage. The storage is not as big as those in the cabinets, yet it is spacious enough for the things that you have to keep. There are soft tip darts and extra darts, which will all fit in the storage.
5.5-inch Target Area
The Arachnid Cricket Pro 800 comes with a hitting area of 15.5 inches, which is the regulation size. This is big enough for you to hit the board and register a score. It is recommended that you put a wall protector to prevent damages to the wall in case of missed shots.
There is perhaps nothing that is more frustrating than having an electronic dartboard that registers inaccurate scores. Luckily, such does not have to be a problem with the Arachnid Cricket Pro 800. It has advanced sensors to deliver unmatched accuracy.
If you are still not convinced that the Arachnid Cricket Pro 800 is an excellent choice for an electronic dartboard, these are some of the benefits that you have to know:
- Durable Construction: It is worth noting that this is a product that can withstand the test of time. It is made using premium materials. Even with frequent use, it will remain in its tip-top shape.
- Easy to Read Scoreboard: One of the good things about an electronic dartboard is that it allows you to easily keep track of the scores. This model is designed with a bright display to see the scores whether it is day or night.
- Versatility: As discussed in the features above, this is also exceptional because of the different options that are available, making it perfect for a versatile electronic dartboard. You can choose from pre-programmed settings depending on your skills and the games that you would like to play.
- Tournament-Quality: While this is a good investment to have at home for a fun game of darts with family and friends, it is good even for the pros. It is designed to suit the requirements of dart tournaments.
However, as no product is perfect, there are also some drawbacks, which include the following:
- Serves Only 8 Players: While you might think eight is already a big number, this is still quite limited compared to others. There are other boards that can serve up to 16 players, which is great for large groups.
- Creates a Loud Noise: Another problem with this board is that it is quite noisy. There is a sound that can be annoying for some. This is because there is no wall protector to absorb the noise. The dart makes a loud sound as soon as it gets in contact with the board. Even after some time of playing, this is one thing that you might not easily get used to.
- Expensive: This is one thing that you can expect even in the case of other electronic dartboards. With the steep price, many may be instantly discouraged to have it chosen over its competitors. Nonetheless, take note that there are reasons why this is expensive. It offers superior quality, which is why it commands a premium price.
Now that you are done reading this Arachnid Cricket Pro 800 review, I hope that it is now easier to come up with the right decision. The price is quite steep for a dartboard but take note that it is electronic and that it has superior quality, which is why it will be worth every dollar that you will spend!
Isn’t this exactly what you are looking for? Read our guide on the best electronic dartboards and find out about the other choices that you have.